Good things are worth sharing!
A lot of Internet memes and inspirations lately have sounded good but just weren’t true. And I’ve had to be intentional about reading things all the way through before I hit “like.” But something a dear sweet friend shared on her Facebook page last night was very encouraging. You may have seen it.
I know nothing about the source but everything in it instantly passed the “truth” test and withstood “the grid” of Scripture (at least in my mind).
You can watch it here.
I love the one about “new beginnings sometimes feel like endings.” I’m struggling with that right now, after moving to be closer to my husband’s family (and away from mine). There are days when I wake up to something as simple as not having had time to personalize my home and paint color choices that are not my own – and that tiny bit of unfamiliarity is just the icing on the cake for my transient bouts of loneliness and wondering whether we’ve made the right decision.
But it’s amazing what “little things” help put my frame of reference back in line. Like a shot in the arm, a quick turnabout, a shift, and refocus in one minute/four seconds. All in. That’s why I wanted to share 🙂
The below points are from the video and I looked up the verses that I thought supported the content.
1. Everything can – and will – change. (Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert – Isa 43:19)
2. You’ve overcome challenges before. (I can do all things through Him who strengthens me – Phil 4:13)
3. It’s a learning experience. (…I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. – Phil 3:13-14)
4. Not getting what you want can be a blessing. (You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures – James 4:3)
5. Allow yourself to have some fun. (So I commended pleasure, for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be merry. – Eccl 8:15a)
6. Being kind to yourself is the best medicine. (A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones – Prov 17:22)
7. Other people’s negativity isn’t worth worrying about. (…whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things – Phil 4:8)
8. You have lots of strengths as a person. (I can do all things through Him who strengthens me – Phil 4:13)
9. Anything is possible. (And we get to know the One who makes all things possible! – And looking at them Jesus said to them, ‘With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible – Mat 19:26)
10. Great things take time. (Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary – Isa 43:31)
11. And, there is always, always, something to be thankful for. (In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus – 1 Thess 5:18)
I hope you found this as inspiring as I did 🙂